Friday, 15 July 2011

Ramblings of a Mind

So I woke up today completely rested, though I might add it was almost at noon! I took the beasties out for a ‘widdle’ in the early morning and decided to have them crawl up next to me on the bed for a little snooze before I start my day. . .

Today I have to do some house cleaning, go to the office to complete about 5 hours of work and then attend a very anticipated movie evening with some new acquaintances. So when I ended up taking the dogs out one final time before I get ready for my day, I received a phone call from my friend which I preceded to take while crawling back in bed. This was at about 8am, it was thereafter that I passed out. . .


Now by no means did I clutch out for another four hours due to the phone call being so boring!! It was short...and very sweet actually, which lead to an even greater surprise as to why I slept so late! My phone was blinking away letting me know of new notifications which, amongst others, informed me that the movie-get-together actually starts early afternoon and not only at 6pm as I understood. I was screwed. . .


So I am rushing to sweep and wash the floors, getting ready for work, fill-up the dogs water bowl, cleaning the kitchen some and before I am even out the door my housemate already arrives home from her morning shift! I am in the car, very annoyed with myself for sleeping so late, it is now already half past one, juggling with new options to get the work done, I will now have to go in on Sunday as well, shit I have people coming for lunch, should I perhaps come back to the office later this evening?.... but.....


...........boy was catching up that sleep just oh so wicked!


And for the second time, as with the previous day, I receive this little message to SLOW DOWN!


I think it is difficult for us to keep our minds in the present. Even just noticing and being aware of how much time your mind spends in the past or the future would be a good start to just SLOW DOWN. Thereafter (I think) comes the art of being truly grateful!




 Bennett and Jessie
Photo by @Drevander10
 

No comments:

Post a Comment